Monday, November 24, 2008

Fishy Polyptych - "parade"



The four images that make up this polyptych (think triptych + 1) were taken at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California. The aquarium features quite a few viewing portals into the tanks where the lucite windows are around 6 feet tall. I took a series of shots with my 50mm 1.4 lens at f/5.0 with a 1/4 second exposure to get the motion of the fish to blur (ISO 200) - the camera was in a vertical orientation.

When I reviewed the shots these four seemed to line up very well, almost as if I had cropped four separate sections out of one shot.

Here are a few other shots from that trip to the aquarium. All of these were taken with the 50 1.4 lens on a Canon Digital Rebel (first edition) camera.





2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Great Photos! I have always wanted to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium....now I do even more!

BlenderBach said...

gorgeous photos!