Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 8: I've never met an alley I didn't like

Alleys catch my eye more than any other thing when I'm wandering around with my camera. Most of them are usually neglected, not often traveled down, and as a result pretty quiet. I've never had anyone bug me for taking pictures in an alley, mostly because there's never anyone else there.

This shot is from an alley that's in between two rather busy streets. It's kinda funny that you can have fast flowing traffic on either end of this little side street and hardly no foot traffic at all even during busy times of the day.

In my mental notebook I'm logging this alley as a place to get back to during or right after a good rain storm. The little amount of water on the street and sidewalk add a lot to this shot, so I can't imagine what it would look like totally drenched.

From the Canon Rebel 2000 35mm loaded with Ilford FP4+ 125
shot through the Canon 17-40mm at 17mm

1 comments:

Mia said...

terrific shot! Love the subtle vignette :)