Saturday, January 2, 2010

'Tis the season... for a photo project

This blog is seriously collecting dust, so I figure what better way to keep me posting on here than to establish some sort of picture per day/week/month project?

I played the whole goldilocks game with the time period, and here's what I came up with:

A picture per month: too long between updates
A picture per day: way too frequent to be sure I'd stick with it
A picture per week: juuuuuuust right.

So from here on out until the end of December, 2010 I will be posting a new photo every week. Here is my plan:

1. Pictures have to be taken during that week, they can't be pulled from the archives
2. The new photo can be taken with any camera I have handy, from the holga to the iPhone to the Canon.
3. They don't have to be good (that way you, the reader, can't complain when the inevitable picture from 11:59pm on the last day of the week gets posted since I've run out of time.
4. Pictures will be posted on Sunday, the week will start on Mondays and end with posting on the following Sunday.

I tried last year to stick with the plan of taking my camera with me wherever I went, but that never really happened. I figure if I have a plan and a deadline to produce images it'll force me to bring my camera with me.

So, here's to a 2010 filled with the slap of the shutter and the freshly exposed image being more present in my life. After all you can't call yourself a photographer if you don't take pictures.

8 comments:

one•little•m said...

I think there could be a lot of really entertaining 11:59pm last day of the week photos here...

Anonymous said...

I have faith in you. So much I've subscribed dude. Help your creativity by opening a dictionary and landing on a word and try and photograph the meaning.

Amy said...

I like that! I can also manage 1 a week but 1 a day is just too daunting. I only shoot for the Etsy shops and for fun, so I certainly don't have any pressure of being a 'real' photographer like you and my many loves on Etsy :) But I like to try to step outside the box and see the world beyond handmade, my kids and baby feet...lol

maybe I'll give it a go this year too...

maybe...

mooshoo said...

yay picture a week!
now ill just sit here and wait for the first one to show....

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good idea! I can't wait.

Mia said...

good luck Matt! :) can't wait to see your photos (wish I thought of the same idea when I started my 365 project--this sounds better than a photo a day)

myan said...

can't wait to see your beautiful snaps every week! what a great idea!
happy 2010! :D
x

NotSoShabbyChic said...

awesome idea!!! good luck with it! I'll keep my eye out for your new pics! :D