Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week 13: Spring has sprung

In the month of March we had over 15 inches of rain, the majority of it falling in the last two weeks of the month. It was insane. I've never seen that much rain in my life, nor do I ever want to see that much again. At least four nights this month I spend waking up 4 or 5 times to make sure the pump was working to keep the water out of the basement, and that was AFTER having to deal with 6 inches of water filling it up during the first storm, before we cut a hole in the basement floor and installed a sump pump.

Needless to say I'm pretty much done with Spring rain, and we're only into the 1st day of April.

Today was the first sunny day we've had in a while. By mid day the sun had popped out and the clouds were starting to thin. I decided to swing through Boston Common to hunt for some Spring growth for the current monthly theme my photo club at work is shooting for.

Even with all that rain there wasn't much new growth to be found. I'm guessing once we hit the warmer weather this weekend things will start to pop. I did manage to find a few trees that already had blossoms on them. And since I am not at all a horticulturalist I am going to go ahead and say this is a dogwood tree (it's my go-to tree whenever I have no idea what kind of tree it is).


This week the photo is three images, not just one. I couldn't decide which of the three I liked best and which two would be relegated to the outtakes, so I just pushed them together and that's that.

0 comments: